The Best Start Resource Centre provides consultations, workshops, webinars and conferences, information & knowledge exchange and develops evidence based and relevant resources.
Our clients describe our services as "credible", "connected", "proactive" and "relevant". According to recent evaluations, over 83% felt our services "helped them to achieve their goals", "increased the effectiveness of their work", "helped integrate best or promising practice into their work", and "improved specific aspects of their practice/approach".
Among other tasks, in 2011 - 2012, Best Start Resource Centre staff:
- provided 16 onsite consultations and 44 off-site consultations
- participated in 18 Advisory Committees
- loaned out 87 displays
- uploaded many videos that can now be found on YouTube and vimeo
- delivered 7 regional workshops
- produced 14 new resources
- processed 975 orders for a total of 347,899 individual resources (including 18,532 in French).
- hosted conferences with 350 participants from across the province
- hosted 14 webinars
- delivered 12 training events and 10 presentations
- facilitated four electronic networks with diverse, multi-disciplinary service providers
For more details on the Services offered by Best Start, follow the